Pileated Woodpecker at West Pines Soccer Park and Nature Preserve

Pileated Woodpecker at West Pines Soccer Park and Nature Preserve

The title says it all. Although I have heard of reports of Pileated Woodpecker sightings in the vicinity of the eagle nest, this morning Mary Lou and I saw one about 300 yards away, across the wetlands from the viewing platform at the south end of the West Pines Soccer Park.

I got a very poor photo, not worth showing, but saved to document the sighting.

Some other sightings this morning at the soccer park:

Green Heron:

Green Heron

Loggerhead Shrike:

Black Vulture and Fish Crow: