Pinellas Eagles are building nests

Judy Thuerk sent this photo and story about a nest under construction in Dunedin:

Judy writes:

I guess I should tell the Story of this pair of Eagles.

I have lived in the same Home for about 12 years. Every Sept. early Oct. We have this Wonderful Pair of Eagles Nest Across the Street. For the first 5 or so years we could never figure out where all the noise was coming from. It turns out Eagles mate for life :-) However , this Female lost her mate about 5 years ago. I guess she was a lonely Bird ( being Widowed and all) While out on Summer Vacation she must have found a new Guy ;)

They come back to do what Eagles do to make "Baby Eagles" Eaglets. I have seen about 6 Young ones go off on their own!

As Soon as the Babies get "Kicked Out" Ma and Pa go to their Summer home around May / April.

It is always a Wonderful Sound to Hear their calls when they arrive to their nest. This is only the Second Year I have had the chance to Photograph them and Share their Story. I am so Glad they come back to the nest every Year. Some Years We (Neighborhood) worry that something may happen to this Pair. I Hope my Photos can Help people understand just how Beautiful these Birds Are!

I will do my best to share with all their comings and goings.

More about this nest and placement of the orphaned eaglet "Hoover" at this link:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/pinellas/orphaned-baby-eagle-finds-new-home-021610

Here is a link to Judy's FLICKR eagle slide show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/judys_stuff/sets/72157612934638291/show/

Re: Pinellas Eagles are building nests

Rosyfinch
Judy sent another great photo: