Re: 01.27.2019 Rainy Day Sightings

Stephanie5056
I always watch from the Sawgrass. Where did you see the nest in the park?  I had trouble finding it.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 27, 2019, at 2:08 PM, JesseG8r [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I paid my first visit to the next this morning. Before I pulled up on the nest site, I saw what I believe to be the male fly in from the direction of the nest and land in the top of one of the cypress trees on the north side of the retention pond.

Male in cypresses across the retention pond.

I stopped to snap a couple of pictures and then pulled up to the nest. The female arrived at about the same time I did and started to feed the chick(s).

Female returning to nest

Female feeding chick

I watched for about 8 minutes until the rain started to come down a little harder, so I packed up and had just gotten back in the car, when the male showed up. So I got the gear back out and grabbed a few more photos. He only hung around for about a minute before he flew off again.

The male returns to the nest

The male flying off

I also got to explore Quiet Waters Park a bit. I've never been in the park before, and I walked around for quite a while. I found this osprey having breakfast.

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/01-27-2019-Rainy-Day-Sightings-tp7575203.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: 01.27.2019 Rainy Day Sightings

JesseG8r
Hi Stephanie. I did see the nest from the Sawgrass. The closest part of the park is the mountain bike course. The male in the cypress tree would've been very close to the bike course, but you wouldn't be able to get there easily on foot. Much better vantage point from the road.

Re: 01.27.2019 Rainy Day Sightings

Stephanie5056
Thank you sooo much for your response   Looking forward to getting some photos. I’d enjoy meeting some of my fellow eagle watchers. Most of my friends don’t get it!!!!!

Stephanie

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Re-01-27-2019-Rainy-Day-Sightings-tp7575204p7575205.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: 01.27.2019 Rainy Day Sightings

naturegirl
Hi Stephanie I try to get there on weekends in the morning usually some time between 7:30-8:30.

Re: 01.27.2019 Rainy Day Sightings

Stylechick60
Hello Jesse

For some reason I can’t see or find the pictures of our eagles you took.  I did see some of your fabulous photos on your flicker account🙂
Tammie

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 28, 2019, at 10:27 AM, naturegirl [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Stephanie I try to get there on weekends in the morning usually some time between 7:30-8:30.

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Re-01-27-2019-Rainy-Day-Sightings-tp7575204p7575207.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: 01.27.2019 Rainy Day Sightings

JesseG8r
Hi Tammie and thanks very much!  See the next thread below under the Deerfield nest topic for the eagle pictures. I think I messed up the thread when I edited the title, so replies are being posted under the original title.

Re: 01.27.2019 Rainy Day Sightings

Stylechick60
Love the one with dad flying into the nest.
Very cool.  Thank you for the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Re-01-27-2019-Rainy-Day-Sightings-tp7575204p7575211.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.
NAML