Re: Two eagles on nest-10-26-18

Stylechick60
Oh my gosh i love it!!!  Thank you Kit!

Happy holidays everyone and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Tammie

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 22, 2018, at 9:27 AM, Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

Yes, I was there this morning and both eagles were at the nest, the female was doing work on the nest and the male brought a fish to the female and she didn't eat it so he took it back and ate it, and then they mated and sat in a near by tree next to each other. I don't think there is any eggs yet, but any day now so they can hatch near Christmas day like the last 2 years. I will be trying to go to the nest fort the next 3 days at sunrise. I'm hoping to see them sitting deep in the nest indicating that there is eggs! The 3rd pic is the mating, very dark and behind a tree branch, I didn't want to disturb them, the other 3 are more clear. Happy Holidays everyone.

Kit

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Two-eagles-on-nest-10-26-18-tp7575102p7575123.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: Two eagles on nest-10-26-18

naturegirl
Saw the pair briefly this morning just after 7am they only checked the nest then flew off. It was so cloudy and misty could barely see them

Re: Two eagles on nest-10-26-18

Tonybroward
This morning around 9:00 I was just west. of the parkinking lot North of Splash adventures. With binocular I scaned the trees looking toward theWest-Northwest, did not see anything . I'm. in the right area?

Re: Two eagles on nest-10-26-18

I have not visited the site lately but the nest is just outside the far SW corner of the park, probably almost directly to the west, too far away for you to see from that location. Someone who visits frequently should be able to help you find it.

Re: Two eagles on nest-10-26-18

Hello,

No you won't be able to see it from anywhere inside the park, you can but they won't let anyone in to see the nest so the only way to see it is to come off the road on 10th street heading west from powerline road, and just before the turnpike cloverleaf is where the nest is, just be careful of traffic and there is some drain pipes off the shoulder that you can get stuck in so be careful. We don't want to ruin it for us all by having to have a tow truck called in to pull you out of the ditch, or cause an accident from pulling off the road too fast, just be careful. If you have to make a couple of passes to see where you need to be, better to do that than have something worst happen. Later this season there will be more people visiting, if you want you can wait until you see someone else there and just pull in behind them. Good luck and please be careful.

Kit