Really bad, bad news

NotToofast
The two eaglets have perished...
Last pictures we got on Feb 26. Both eaglets seemed to be OK, moving on the nest, eating and flapping, apparently thriving
Here some pics

We saw couple of feedings...

And noticed anything out of the ordinary

However on Feb 27 we did not see any action in the nest...

Except for the adults, both perching on the nest..

We have been visiting the nest daily since. We can confirm eaglets are not seen and both adults are away...
Here is wide view of the nest as of today...

As nature lovers, when we are given the privilege to witness this marvel of wild Bald Eagles incubating and rearing their young, it is very difficult not to get emotionally invested in their success. The two little ones have perished. We do not know what happened. We will never know. We were rooting for them, but all of a sudden we understand life is not easy for an eaglet...  May they find endless isothermals and soar with bountiful crops.

Re: Really bad, bad news

Sally
All we can do is hope for the best....

Appreciate your postings keeping us informed. Sally