Recent Trip to Maryland - Conowingo Dam

Mike Fossler
The Conowingo Dam is in Northern Maryland on the Susquehanna River and there are many resident bald eagles as well as many migratory eagles. They come to catch the shad which fall through the dam when it is opened to generate power. When I was there about two weeks ago, there were near 100 bald eagles about!!!! Here's some pix . . .

Missed!!!!
Young eagle about to get lunch!

Re: Recent Trip to Maryland - Conowingo Dam

Those are spectacular shots, Mike!

I wonder if one or more of our eagles' offspring are visiting there. Immatures from Palm Beach County have been tracked to Maryland and points north as far as Maine, but adults tend to wander more locally during the non-breeding season.

Re: Recent Trip to Maryland - Conowingo Dam

Mike Fossler
Certainly would be interesting to know!