SEP 15: Rescued Eaglet (P Piney 26) sighted and photographed!

SEP 15: Rescued Eaglet (P Piney 26) sighted and photographed!

Great news!!

Shawnlei writes (September 16, 2021):

Hi Ken!

I got a message last night that a photographer took a photo of a banded juvenile eagle at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County yesterday. The photographer, Kevin McFadden, said the band was green K/49 (see attached photo). I traced that back in our records and this was your eaglet from BO002 that was released on 6/14 at Lake Kissimmee! After his rough start, and thinking he might not fly again due to his wing fracture, I am so excited to see he is doing well! Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for all you do!

Shawnlei Breeding

Audubon EagleWatch Program Manager
407.644.0190
Pronouns: She, her, hers

Audubon Center for Birds of Prey
1101 Audubon Way
Maitland, FL 32751

This photo is the property of Kevin McFadden and may not be used in any manner without his permission

Re: SEP 15: Rescued Eaglet (P Piney 26) sighted and photographed!

LuliTallulah
What great news.
Can I share this info and photo to my FB page please? I don't post nest locations, just general info and updates.

Bald Eagles Live Nest Cams and News | Facebook

Re: SEP 15: Rescued Eaglet (P Piney 26) sighted and photographed!

Since this photo has now been circulating on Facebook with Kevin's permission, the same general rule about limitation of its use applies. Therefore, I assume that if published, it should be attributed to the photographer and not used commercially.

See: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1727518800776057&set=gm.2028036674015330

Re: SEP 15: Rescued Eaglet (P Piney 26) sighted and photographed!

LuliTallulah
Thank you.

Yes. I always give credit to the photographer and my group is general interest. Nothing of a commercial nature.

Re: SEP 15: Rescued Eaglet (P Piney 26) sighted and photographed!

NotToofast
Beautiful PPiney26!! Making proud Jewell and Pride!!