Sat 4/25 5-7:45 PM

Carolyn J
Nothing was happening until about 5:45, when 1 chick flew into the nest for a few minutes, then took off again. Between 6-6:30 both the kids flew to the nest and layed down, barely visible. They seemed quite content to stay put this evening. They weren't restless like I have observed before. Could it have been due to the wind? Also, this was much earlier for them to be "going to bed" than I've seen on other nights. They continued laying in the nest, and were still there when I left at 7:45. A parent was in the dead trees, closer to Pines Blvd. than I have seen for a while. No feeding was observed. Are they doing it on their own????

Re: Sat 4/25 5-7:45 PM

Trisha
Good report Carolyn...it's interesting that you and I basically observed the same behavior in the morning and evening. It must have been that darn wind!