Sat. afternoon at the nest

Trisha
I arrived at 4pm and stayed for 2 hrs. I really didn't mean to be there that long, but just couldn't leave!
I saw all 4 eagles which always makes me feel very happy. The babies were up and around, exercising their wings and changing locations in the nest. One adult was in the stand of dead trees and after about an hour of watching the other adult flew in to the nest carrying a fish. It did the usual ripping and feeding and then flew off to the large pine just to the left of the nest along the new fence line.

There were larger crowds than I have seen in a while, split between the nest location and the dead trees where the adult was sitting.....at least 20 people at each spot.....sometimes more. There were many children so it wasn't very quiet, but it didn't seem to bother the eagles at all. Many cars were stopping along the highway and not moving quickly when we asked.

I just love seeing people when they spot the eagles for the first time and listening to the pure joy and excitement in their voices. It's such a special gift that we are all experiencing to study the American Bald Eagle in their natural environment.