Saturday 1/23/16 Both Eagles

LuisEagles
Phil and I watch both eagles working together for quite a long time. They were building up the nest, one brought sticks and soft material and place it on the nest, they were moving all around the nest. One left first and the other follow 15 min. later. They are well and very active.

Re: Saturday 1/23/16 Both Eagles

Beautiful photos, Luis! I wonder if these eagles are too far behind in the breeding cycle to start a family. It seems the south Florida eagles have adapted to a schedule that provides lots of fish and young birds when the eaglets are growing very fast, and also gets them out of the nest before heat stress becomes a greater problem. they also can fly north to forage in cooler water if they are able to depart by mid-May.