Signage for eagles

naturegirl
Hi Everyone,

Now that summer is coming to an end is there any update about putting up signs so people will stay back and not get too close to the eagles, should they return to nest in the same tree off 10th ?

Re: Signage for eagles

Drlester3
I will get back in touch with the FDT but will have to wait untill the nests are confirmed as active before asking them to put up the signs.
I will see what they say. Just keep posting the sightings and especially once it can be confirmed that the nest is active

Re: Signage for eagles

naturegirl
Ok sounds good probably won't start to see anything till Nov

Re: Signage for eagles

Rockitglider
Hello,

In the meantime, don't be afraid to to educate people about the eagles and nesting laws (rules), I found that most people are responsive to it and I meet people and get the word out. Just try to be nice and friendly when doing it. Some won't listen, but those are the ones that probably wont obey a sign either.

Kit

Re: Signage for eagles

naturegirl
Did anyone ever hear back from FDOT about the signs ?

Re: Signage for eagles

Rockitglider
I have been by the area and no new signs as of yet. Also I don't see any signs of nest building activity yet either. I have seen eagles in the park near the bike trail.

Kit

Re: Signage for eagles

naturegirl
Can we get some signs from FDOT last year they said they would provide some

Re: Signage for eagles

Rockitglider
Hi naturegirl,

I wasn't in touch with them, so I guess we'll have to wait until the person that called comes back to check the threads, unless you know how to get in touch with them?

Kit

Re: Signage for eagles

Drlester3
I was in contact with FDOT. They never told me that they would supply signs to us but that they would put signs up or put up a fence. Let me know when you are sure that there is an active nest and exactly where it is located. I will go out there and view the next and then contact the FDOT and meet with them if needed. I will keep you informed so you can meet with them if you want

Lester

Re: Signage for eagles

Rockitglider
Hello,

NO FENCES! We can't do a fence, it's not our property, and a fence will make it very difficult to take pictures. Thanks,

Kit

Re: Signage for eagles

Drlester3
Is the new nest at the Marina. If so we won't needs signs. Is that correct?