Sorry, I accidentally erased my original post- Sunday Morning Observation

Sorry, I accidentally erased my original post- Sunday Morning Observation

Jill W
I was there from 7 to 10, but left briefly to pick up a coffee at the Hess station down the road.  I saw 2 feedings (I may have missed one) by a single parent.  One of the eaglets was a bit greedy, but both got what appeared to be plenty.  Some of the other observers and I think one of the meals was that of a Cattle Egret as there were lots of white feathers blowing out of the nest.  Both of the eaglets did some wing flapping exercises which was fun to watch.  This morning and yesterday morning, one of the parents was frequently perched on the top of a leafless tree about 50 yards?- (I’m not good at judging distances) away from the nest.  This made for some good photo opportunities.Unfortunately, there were some children running around and making noise  If it had gotten any worse, I would have said something to the parents.
Jill

Re: Sorry, I accidentally erased my original post- Sunday Morning Observation

Heather Green
I was there Saturday morning for one of the feedings and had actually gotten a photo of the adult flying in with a meal, although I had been focused on the babies so the adult was blurry but it was a fish (large bream maybe)  and not a cattle egret like we had thought at first :)

Thanks for your observation

Thanks, Heather!

Ken

--
Ken Schneider
Miramar, Florida & North Aurora, Illinois

Web site: http://www.rosyfinch.com
Eagle Nest: http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)