Sun 7:30-11

Carolyn J
Lets see, when I got there 1 kid was in the nest, 1 in the dead trees, Then a parent was near the 1 in the dead trees. The parent took off. Then both the kids were in the nest for awhile, not having done much flying around. They both were back in the dead trees in a little while, hanging out very close together. 1 took off, and was seen following a parent to the nest. Shortly after, the other kid came back to the nest. They were eating whatever was there, even tho an actual drop was not seen. When I left a parent and a kid were in the dead trees, the other kid in the nest. Trisha, Fernando, Mike, and some others I don't know got some great shots when a parent perched briefly in the favored tree close to the wires.

Re: Sun 7:30-11

Trisha
This morning was definitely more like past watches....the juveniles eating in the nest again and more  flying in and out of the nest. The juveniles spent almost the entire morning in the western dead tree stand. At one time there was also an adult out there and when it flew one of the juveniles followed...so some hunting observation could have occurred. They were perched way to the south and west of the nest closer to US 27...... hard to spot unless you followed their flight there.

When the parent landed in the pine left of the nest, mentioned by Caroln, it was again attacked by the grackle. I'm still trying to figure out how to get pictures with my text...it was a very persistent little bird, still attacking as the annoyed eagle flew off.