Sun AM, 4/5 - Hope not home

Kelly Smith
I arrived at the nest site a few minutes after 7 and there were already several watchers in attendance.  Justice still the only occupant of the nest, still perched on the branch formerly favored by Hope.  I walked around the "eagle forest" and south on US 27 to the end of the dead melaleuca stand, but did not see any eagles, nor hear any calls.  When I returned to the nest site it was quite abuzz with many watchers.  I don't think there will be a problem getting coverage today, however it is a benefit to have people who know the habits of these eagles in attendance.