Sunday, 10 May 09, juveniles flying

Trisha
When I arrived at 8am all was quiet on and around the nest. I moved to the maleleucas and shortly both
juveniles came flying from behind the nest, crossed the highway, and began soaring upwards. They flew all around the area, sometimes very high to the north and east, and then they would fly back low to behind the nest (looking for a nest meal I think). The activity repeated itself for 2 hrs and was continuing as I departed at 10:30. I kept thinking I would see an adult fly in with food, but none appeared.