Sunday 5-7:40 PM at the nest

Jill W
Seemed the eaglets were making up for lost time yesterday.  They were visible almost the entire time I was there.
Other than nibbling on "left overs" at the base of the nest, they were not fed during that time.
There were some wing exercises, but not a lot.  A couple of times, it was a bit scary as one chick appeared to be very close to the edge of the nest.  I love seeing those cute yellow feet, but....
The human visitors were also making up for lost time.  It was downright crowded at times.  Again, a policeman came and informed the people that they were illegally parked.  This guy was a bit more stern than the other ones I've seen.  There was one watcher who did not leave immediately as directed, just stood there for a while and then tried to argue with the officer saying that she had been told a few days ago that it was OK to park there.
At about 7:20, both eaglets disappeared from view and I thought that they had called it a night.  But, ten minutes later they were both standing up and looking around.  By 7:40, it was too dark to see them and I left.
Jill

Re: Sunday 5-7:40 at the nest

Very interesting report, Jill!

Ken Schneider
Miramar, Florida & North Aurora, Illinois

Web site: http://www.rosyfinch.com
Eagle Nest: http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)