Sunday evening, 5:30pm-7:30pm

Mike Fossler
The first hour or so only one juvenile was around and was hunkered down low in the nest with just the tail feathers visible. Around 7:15pm the second juvenile made a breif visit and quickly fllew off. The other eaglet began to move about on the nest and, in doing so, got something stuck to one foot. Below are photos of all the hopping around. Soon this eaglet flew off, then we were able to see an adult and one eaglet far back at the malaluca strand. MF

Re: Sunday evening, 5:30pm-7:30pm

Jill W
Mothers' Day 6:30-dark, maybe 8:20?

Just adding a bit to Mike's post....

Before, during and after the hopping around, the eaglet appeared to be rearranging the furniture a bit by grabbing sticks with its beak and feet.

The youngster then flew from the nest to the east recent favored perch and was there peacefully (i.e., no grackles or mockers harassing him?-Carolyn and I think it was Justice because of how dark the bird appeared) until it was dark enough outside that we decided it was too dangerous for two ladies to be there alone.

Although I did not see the two chicks on the nest at the same time because I was observing the adult and juvenile in the dead melaleucas, I was very happy to hear from Tom about it when I returned to the nest area.  BTW, the two chicks on the nest occurred exactly at the time Mike was leaving.  By the time he got out of the car and got to the viewing site, there was only one chick there and that's when the hopping occurred.  Great pics, Mike!!

Jill