Sunday morning 8-10:30am

Trisha
It was perfect for me as all 4 eagles were present and accounted for! I hadn't seen that in a while. One adult in the dead trees and the other one sitting to the right of the nest in the closest Australian Pine to the road. The sky was a beautiful blue and the breeze cool...so all in all, perfect!

We didn't see any above nest flying practice by the young but some earlier arriving watchers said they saw limited practice and several feedings. Once during my stay, the parent in the pine tree flew straight to the nest and picked at scraps in the bottom of the nest, chewing on a few. The youngsters did the same, but no freshly brought in food was there. The adult stayed about 10 min and then returned to the same location in the pine tree. The adult in the dead trees had flown away also. One watcher who was down there got a series of beautiful shots when it took off and headed right at him. The eagles eyes were focused right on him....really great flight pictures from head on!

Re: Sunday morning 8-10:30am

Thanks for the report, Trisha. I got there at about 1:00 just as the
chicks were being fed, and observed until 4:00 PM. Fernando was there
much of the time, and there were many children among the visitors. The
eaglets were very active. Here is a shot of one jumping quite high:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3461/3376981230_fbd2b29ac5.jpg

I updated the blog <http://blog.rosyfinch.com> yesterday, and there are
more photos <http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch> in my FLICKR album.

Mary Lou and I will be heading back in a few minutes.

Ken Schneider
Miramar, Florida & North Aurora, Illinois

Web site: http://www.rosyfinch.com
Eagle Nest: http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)