The Quiet Waters nest has fallen

Ground photos indicate that the nest fell down. There was no damage to the tree, and the remains of the nest are on the ground. This is the third nest which has blown down.

Since the eaglet has fledged this would have no impact on its survival.

The nest is more important if there is more than one fledgling eaglet as it provides a more efficient site for the adults to feed them until they gain proficiency to hunt for themselves.

Re: The Quiet Waters nest has fallen

Sally
Thank you Ken, for your expert knowledge and research regarding this.

I appreciate this forum, as it was my first introduction into the presence of Bald Eagles in Florida. Seeing these iconic birds in person is certainly an amazing experience.

Hope the new location stays local so we can continue watching.

Thanks,

Sally

Re: The Quiet Waters nest has fallen

Stephanie5056
Thank you. I watch a lot of nests and have visited some of them and this event really concerns me. I only hope that the fledging and parents  will be able to find enough food   My mantra:  Trust the Eagles”

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 3:30 PM Sally [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you Ken, for your expert knowledge and research regarding this.

I appreciate this forum, as it was my first introduction into the presence of Bald Eagles in Florida. Seeing these iconic birds in person is certainly an amazing experience.

Hope the new location stays local so we can continue watching.

Thanks,

Sally

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/The-Quiet-Waters-nest-has-fallen-tp7575295p7575296.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: The Quiet Waters nest has fallen

Stylechick60
Interesting

Thank you all for updates.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2019, at 2:40 PM, NewMexiKen [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ground photos indicate that the nest fell down. There was no damage to the tree, and the remains of the nest are on the ground. This is the third nest which has blown down.

Since the eaglet has fledged this would have no impact on its survival.

The nest is more important if there is more than one fledgling eaglet as it provides a more efficient site for the adults to feed them until they gain proficiency to hunt for themselves.

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/The-Quiet-Waters-nest-has-fallen-tp7575295.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: The Quiet Waters nest has fallen

Rockitglider
I noticed the last time I was there it was sliding down to the east side of the nest and I wasn't sure why it was happening. I watched them build it and have pictures and video of the process and it was not built well because there was a large gap on the north side where the tree could not hold the weight. I'm sure they will build again, just a question of where. How depressing, but this is nature.

Kit

Re: The Quiet Waters nest has fallen

DrWayne
Thank you Ken, I drove past there today and didnt see it.