This afternoon at the nest 4:30-7:30.

Jill W
Upon arrival, I was very happy to find out that a chick had found its way back to the nest.  A couple who were just leaving had just talked to Ken on the phone a couple of minutes before I arrived.

I did not see any adults while I was there.

There were two very short sessions of jumping and wing flapping.  It was frightening to watch, as the gusts of wind were incredibly strong.  A wing facing in the wrong direction could have made a kite out of that chick!

95% of the time, the eaglet was resting and I could see only one or two black feathers on the left side of the nest.

Jill