This morning, April 13, 9:15-11:20 AM

When we arrived at the nest site, one adult (appeared to be female) was roosting on the tree to the east. No chicks were in the nest. About 9:40 AM, Justice flew directly onto the nest. He looked exhausted-- just hunkered down in the nest. Ten minutes later, Hope flew directly in. Soon they both started calling out as if begging for food. The adult ignored them for quite a while, and they both setlled down. The adult flew away to the SE about 20 minutes later. We thought she would bring them food. We saw the second adult circling very high over the nest. No adult came to feed them, and both chicks were still on the nest when we left.

Mary Lou and Ken