This morning: Sibling Rivalry

Mary Lou and I watched from 9 until a little after 11 AM this morning. Other people were there since around 8 AM and said there had not been any feeding, but the chicks were very active. One had climbed about 3 feet up the big branch to the right of the nest. We saw the same thing happen a little later, as Hope briefly "flew" to the branch and held on for a very short period of time before jumping back on the nest.

There were lots of visitors and everyone enjoyed the show.

An adult fed them at about 11:05 AM. The chicks rushed the parent and it was forced off the nest in seconds. The food disappeared very quickly!

I just posted a blog with photos that show an interesting interaction between the chicks, as Justice took his turn exercising and disturbed his big sister. She retaliated in anger!

Ken