Thursday May 14 ,2009 , Eagles at the nest.

Thursday May 14 ,2009 , Eagles at the nest.

Al Griffin
  At 08:30 both Eaglets were at the nest tree. One was on a perch above the nest , the other in the nest, and a adult on the perch in the pine east of the nest. At 08:35 the other adult made a food drop, FYI the adult on the perch in the pine stayed on that perch the entire time I was there.  At 09:40 another food drop by the other adult, this time Hope forced Justice out of the nest.  Justice flew east and began to call from that location, a few minutes later flew back to the nest. At 09:50 it began to sprinkle and I abandon my post.

Re: Thursday May 14 ,2009 , Eagles at the nest.

Carolyn J
Hey Al,
That's something - to have seen both adults right there. I'd been wondering if one adult was doing all of the hunting or not.
Thanks for the update!

Re: Thursday May 14 ,2009 , Eagles at the nest.

Al, you said "both eaglets" were at the nest. Are both adults also still present?

Thanks,

Ken

Re: Thursday May 14 ,2009 , Eagles at the nest.

Oops-- I think you made it clear that two differnt adults were also present. And Tom saw a third, older juvenile eagle there as well, for a total of five!