Tuesday Afternoon- Feast Time in the Nest!

Tuesday Afternoon- Feast Time in the Nest!

Jill W
I was not going to stay very long today, but this afternoon, whenever I started to get ready to leave, an adult would fly in with food for the chicks.  It was every 35 to 55 minutes and the meals were not small.  One time, the adult was working on shreding pieces of a fairly large fish when one of the chicks became impatient and tried to snatch the whole piece being "worked on" from the adult.
At 4:00, both adults were visible.  One was in the nest and one was was roosting in the melaleucas to the west.  I'm so glad I stayed so I could see that.  I was worried since I had not seen both adults since Sunday.
Jill