Wed February 17 - Close photo of Bobcat this morning

Wed February 17 - Close photo of Bobcat this morning

On my morning bird walk I had a Bobcat suddenly appear ahead of me on the 196th Avenue levee south of Miramar Parkway. This is the area I call the "West Miramar ESL," which will eventually become part of the large C-9 impoundment that begins just south and west of the eagle nest area.

The cat sat down and studied me for a couple of minutes, until I checked my exposure and caused it to quickly disappear into the brush. It was about 8:30 AM.