Wednesday 05-27-09, 6:00pm to 7:00pm

Mike Fossler
Spent an hour today at the nest - lucky to be between the raindrops. When I arrived only one young eagle was home, perched a branch or two above the nest. Soon though, the eaglet flew out to an Australian Pine right in front of me - just west of the nest tree and right in front. The other small birds began to harass the young eagle. At least three different types of birds joined in - bluejays, mockingbirds and grackles. After enduring this for a half hour or so, the young eagle flew back to the nest tree. I loaded a handful of photos to my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikefosslerphotography/sets/72157616545104702/
Also, below are a few of the shots showing the perch, a shot showing three harassers, some aerial attcks and chases.

Re: Wednesday 05-27-09, 6:00pm to 7:00pm

Thanks for braving the threat of rain and posting the report and those
beautiful photos, Mike!

Ken Schneider
Miramar, Florida & North Aurora, Illinois

Web site: http://www.rosyfinch.com
Eagle Nest: http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)

Mike Fossler (via Nabble) wrote:

> Spent an hour today at the nest - lucky to be between the raindrops.
> When I arrived only one young eagle was home, perched a branch or two
> above the nest. Soon though, the eaglet flew out to an Australian Pine
> right in front of me - just west of the nest tree and right in front.
> The other small birds began to harass the young eagle. At least three
> different types of birds joined in - bluejays, mockingbirds and
> grackles. After enduring this for a half hour or so, the young eagle
> flew back to the nest tree. I loaded a handful of photos to my flickr
> page
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikefosslerphotography/sets/72157616545104702/
> Also, below are a few of the shots showing the perch, a shot showing
> three harassers, some aerial attcks and chases.

Re: Wednesday 05-27-09, 6:00pm to 7:00pm

Carolyn J
Great shots, Mike! Especially the last one with the mockingbird hot on the trail. Thanks again for sharing.