Welcome!

Ken Schneider
We have added this interactive Forum so that those observing and advocating for the protection of South Florida's Bald Eagles may contribute to public knowledge and interest in protection of their nesting sites, particularly in urban and suburban locations threatened by habitat degradation and development.

Re: Welcome!r there any plans to protect the eagles new home?

heather colson
  i am simply delighted am a waitress at rickeys but was a college student pursueing a career in wildlife bio back in the day. unfortunately never had enough grants to finish college and get my degree but i am still fascinated by the eagles and stories like this!I am truly blessed to have shared this experience with my children and tell them how the american eagle was once on the verge of extinction.  but to have a nest so close to my home is even a bigger blessing.  I am in awe never in a lifetime did i think i would see what my eyes have seen. It is truly amazing I drive by the nest everyday 2-3x a day looking in curiousity on my way to work.  i hope this land is now protected.  so the eagles can thrive again in broward county.  if there is anything i can do to help protect the eagles family new home i would love to join in the conservation efforts. one of the most beautiful images i will ever see is now forever in my memory and now my children!  they will remember these moments for the rest of thier lives!  thank you for this site and your ongoing efforts sincerely heather

Re: Welcome!r there any plans to protect the eagles new home?

Thank you, Heather. I published an excerpt of your note in the daily observations section of the "Watching Eagles"  page.  <http://rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html>

At this point, the Broward County Audubon Society is meeting with Pembroke Pines city officials to try and develop a strategy to better protect the nest. As soon as I find out the results of these efforts, I will let you know.

Ken