Wow, what a Saturday and Sunday!

Mike Fossler
Spent Saturday (04-18-09) and Sunday (04-19-09) mornings from around 7:45am to around 9:00am both days at the site.
Saturday, John and I were treated to an active morning of the two eaglets travelling in and out of the nest several times. They flew around us, over us and spent a good deal of time in the malelluca strand very close to the front for all to see! One of the offspring took short flights from one tree to another on several occasions and struggled with balance each time. I took many photos and have posted some of them to my slideshow - photos 31 through 39 are from Saturday. Look for small bits of bark flying near the talons on some of the pictures where the eaglet struggled with footing!
Sunday was active as well! Both offspring spent a bit of time flying in and out of the nest and appearing together at the malleluca strand (far apart, but both at the strand at the same time.) One of the parents roosted for a moment to clean its bill. Photos 40 through 46 are from this morning. I included 3 photos of some other feathered freinds which visited this morning while we were Eagle watching (#44-Gray Catbird, #45-Downy Woodpecker, #46-Red-Bellied Woodpecker.) MF

Direct link to slideshow:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikefosslerphotography/show/

Re: Wow, what a Saturday and Sunday!

Carolyn J
These are awesome shots, Mike! Thanks for sharing.