You might be interested to read my article about citizen science & our eagles

You might be interested to read my article about citizen science & our eagles

naturegirl

I wrote an article about the value of citizen science and gave a few examples for readers to try .  One was about monitoring our eagles and how the observations we all have and photos and videos are useful tools when looking at a species or individual animal's overall health and well being.  No location was given

Th link is below where it was published in emagazine.com

https://emagazine.com/monitoring-a-bald-eagle-nest-the-benefits-of-citizen-scientist-conservation

Re: You might be interested to read my article about citizen science & our eagles

An excellent article, Staci-Lee and so richly illustrated!  I posted a link to it on the South Florida Audubon site. Thanks so much for sharing!

Re: You might be interested to read my article about citizen science & our eagles

Wow,

I love it that was great. As Ken said it was very well written and easy to follow storyline and the information well written. Nice pictures too  Good job!

Kit

Re: You might be interested to read my article about citizen science & our eagles

naturegirl
Glad you guys enjoyed and shared it.  I can't wait for the season to begin hopefully with better success than last year.  Amazing how we now have 4 nesting pairs in broward!

Re: You might be interested to read my article about citizen science & our eagles

Rockitglider
Hi,

Where are the other 2 Broward nests located? I heard of one in Davie?

Kit

Re: You might be interested to read my article about citizen science & our eagles

On the main page of this FORUM there are links to three of the the four active nests in Broward County (Pines BO-002, Deerfield Beach BO-003, South Miramar DA-005.

The South Miramar nest DA-005 keeps the Miami-Dade designation because it was most certainly the same pair which was dislocated by the construction of the I-75/Florida's Turnpike Extension interchange.

I need to include this new link to the Davie nest BO-004. Wanted to revise the interface but I am a hunt-and-peck html editor.

Davie:
http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.17.s1.nabble.com/Davie-nest-BO-004-Observations-amp-Photos-f7576302.html

South Miramar:
http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.17.s1.nabble.com/South-Miramar-Eagle-Nest-DA-005-Observations-amp-Photos-f7576194.html

Re: You might be interested to read my article about citizen science & our eagles

Rockitglider
Thanks Ken,

Kit