any reports from the nest Sunday

Lisa baumbach Reardon,
just wondering if anyone has been tehre today and any reportings cited??

Re: any reports from the nest Sunday

Trisha
I was waiting to post to see if I would be able to get to the nest tonight...but I am not going to be able to make it. This morning I arrived at 7:30 to find Tom, who had been there for a while before me. We did not spot any eagles during our visits. We stayed in the area until around 9:15am and checked all the favorite perches before we left.

There were some Kildeer and Black-necked Stilts in the cattle field across from the maleleucas. They stayed far back from the fence so photos were from quite far away.

After we left the eagle woods we went to Sheridan and were joined by Umberto to look for the Sandhill Crane family (unsuccessful) but did find a pair of co-operative Cardinals along the boardwalk at the nature preserve.

It is very sad that we cannot count on finding the eagles to observe lately...and I know we all miss that very much, but it is definitely spirit lifting to be finding lots of other species to enjoy.  They are not bald eagles....but the love of watching the eagles has motivated a lot of us to enjoy other birds in many new locations.