help for pembroke pines eagles

naturegirl
Hi all,

Please read & share this article about the PP eagles and their land.  There is some road construction nearby.  Just take a few mins and call/email the city and remind them about special the eagles are how important green open spaces are.

Contact info in article

Staci-lee

ttps://emagazine.com/conservation-done-right-saving-land-from-developers-for-much-loved-bald-eagles/

Re: help for pembroke pines eagles

Rockitglider
I thought they already solved this issue with the mayor's meeting last month? Does this mean this is something different? Maybe DOT is nothing to do with City ofPembroke Pines?

Edit: After going to the link you posted, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to look at as it brings up a search result page, also I think you are missing the H on the start of the link you posted, You can add a link by using the "Link" button on top of your post, the first box is the actuall line URL, ands the second box is whatever you want to name the link, but you can post the same thing in both windows if you like, either will work.

Re: help for pembroke pines eagles

naturegirl

Re: help for pembroke pines eagles

Great article, Staci-Lee. You can edit this post and add "h" to the beginning of the URL and it will link directly. I can not edit any other user's post except by deleting it.

I am sorry about the lack of entries on this topic. There is no lack of observers. However Nabble lost credentials for a number of contributors when they transitioned from three servers to a single one. The Facebook page has been very popular, but as has been pointed out, you must join Facebook in order to post.

David Walker of South Florida Audubon is now co-Administrator of this forum. I have moved to Connecticut and am dealing with health problems which are very distracting.

Re: help for pembroke pines eagles

naturegirl
Hi Ken,

Glad you enjoyed the article hope it helps.  I did see that you had moved up north so sorry you're having health issues.  We all miss you photos and commentary on the eagles but we'll try to fill the void and keep the eagles safe.

I know not everyone is on facebook so as new info comes to light I'll post on this forum keep everyone up to date

Stac-lee

Re: help for pembroke pines eagles

Thanks, Staci-lee

My Pines Bald Eagles spreadsheet, which covers significant events from 2008 into the 2021-2022 season, was interrupted when I had my surgery in October, but I will try to update it with key observations reported by all the otherwatchers:

Eagle Milestone Spreadsheet

http://www.rosyfinch.com/EagleMilestonesSheet.pdf

Information about the early efforts to protect the nest just after it was discovered in 2008  and also the failed attempts to install a nest camera can be followed on this page:

Protecting the Bald Eagle Nesting Site (2009)

http://rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleSitePreservation.html

Re: help for pembroke pines eagles

Rockitglider
Hello,