juvenile bald eagle

Speechykeane
I had an exciting experience this morning..  My husband and I frequently ride our bikes out on the levee from Lox Road north to the parking lot of Loxahatchee Wildlife Preserve in Delray/Boynton..  This morning as we headed north on the paved section, we were joined by a juvenile bald eagle!  At first I though it was a vulture, but as it came closer I saw it was MUCH larger..VERY large, with a wide wing span... and with the mottled coloring underneath..  It stopped right in front of us on the grass and we got a great look at it...  This picture is terrible due to lighting and we didn't want to get too close..  but my husband got some video as he flew away..

I have heard from friends that they have seen an occasional bald eagle out in the Everglades, but this is the first time I have seen one..

juvenile eagle

Re: juvenile bald eagle

Rockitglider
Hello,

That's great, we might start seeing more of these with all of these chicks hatching.

Kit