week 4&5 at Deerfield nest

Hello,

I got rained out on the 4th week, and I went to check on the nest after that, and there is always an eagle sitting on the nest, so from my calculations we should be seeing chicks this week! That would be awesome! I did get a couple of pictures this week but nothing different from the previous week, so I will post some pictures after visiting this week during Christmas weekend. I'm very excited about the possibility of chicks being born soon. Happy holidays to everyone,  and I hope to be posting some exciting news this week.

Regards,  Kit

Re: week 4&5 at Deerfield nest

MWozny02
That's exciting! I haven't been able to get down to Deerfield to see this yet! I looked on a map, but not sure where to go once in Quiet Waters Park. I've only been there once before. It looks like it's by the bike trails. Is there a way to observe from a distance (so I don't disturb them)?

Re: week 4&5 at Deerfield nest

Rockitglider
Hello,

Last year I think the park had a tour cart that they took people to view from a safe distance,  I will try to find out if they will be doing this again and I will post here when I find out.

Regards, Kit

Re: week 4&5 at Deerfield nest

MWozny02
Thanks so much!

On Dec 25, 2016 7:41 AM, "Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Last year I think the park had a tour cart that they took people to view from a safe distance,  I will try to find out if they will be doing this again and I will post here when I find out.

Regards, Kit

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/week-4-5-at-Deerfield-nest-tp7574626p7574629.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: week 4&5 at Deerfield nest

Rockitglider
To tell the truth,  I'm a little concerned about telling too many people about how to get there in fears that they might disturb the birds, but its not really my responsibility to police the nest, all I csn do is hope people use precautions when visiting the nest. I bought a mountain bike and I ride it on the bike trail to get there, and I paid for a year fee to use the bike trail, and they give you a card that clears you to use the trail, and there is a brief safety video to watch. I'm not sure if they will allow people to walk there, sometimes they have a park attendant at the gate to check passes.  You could go to the park office and ask them, maybe they will allow people to walk out there.

Sincerely,  Kit

Re: week 4&5 at Deerfield nest

MWozny02
Thanks for the info. It looked like just the book trail went out there on the map. I'll just wait for pictures :)

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/week-4-5-at-Deerfield-nest-tp7574626p7574640.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
NAML