11/26/14

Desiree
Hi Ken, I was at the nest from 4:45p till 5:45, I saw Pride (I think it was Pride) in the nest as if sitting on an egg for about 40mins than he stood up after a large bird flew low over the nest I got excited as It looked to be an eagle (not sure because I only had a second to look at it) but it disappeared behind the nest, pride then jump to an upper branch at 5:37, he was there until I left at 5:45.  I don't think the other bird was Joy, as it never went to the nest and Pride did not verbalize.4:50pm is this Pride?

Re: 11/26/14

Desiree
5:30pm5:37pm

Re: 11/26/14

Wow, this eagle's head profile looks more like Joy! What do others think?

Re: 11/26/14

Desiree
I kinda think it's Pride because of the color of its beak.

Re: 11/26/14

Desiree, I will defer to your judgement on the beak color, as you have a keen eye! I think the only hope we have is to see both adults at the same time and hopefully get good photos of both. Normally they have spent the night near or on the nest, so early morning and evening should be the best times. Of course, they also should be at the nest during much of the day getting ready to raise a family.

At this point the last photo of both together was taken in late October. If anyone has a later photo I invite the photographer to share it here (with watermark if desired).