Adult eagle sighted 9/12/16

Maria Rosa Drake
An adult eagle was roosting in a malaleuca tree West of the nest. It was 7:15am,

Re: Adult eagle sighted 9/12/16

Thanks for the sighting report, Maria Rosa--

I did not see any of the eagles flying out my way this morning, though yesterday I once again saw them over the wetlands of west Miramar. This time it was the two adults, flying in line about 2-3 seconds apart, following the usual route from the nest area to Sunset Lakes in west Miramar. I waited a while to see if the juvenile (Jewel) followed them as she did the day before, but never saw a third eagle.

They certainly are keeping claim to the nest. We need to watch for signs of courtship and nest renovation. At some point they will need to discourage Jewel from hanging around the nest. She is now about 6 months (180 days) old. Under normal conditions she would have migrated to the north on her own about two months ago.

Male (Pride) at 7:28 AM on SEPT 11 2016:

Female (Joy) was right behind the male: