Adult in Melalucas Sunday April 15 5:45 p.m,

Adult in Melalucas Sunday April 15 5:45 p.m,

Square Grouper
I was in the area on Sunday and noticed 2 cars parked in the paved area across from NW 209th Ave. so I circled back and there was an adult eagle perched in the dead melalucas.  It was about 5:45 p.m.  I didn't stay and didn't stop to ask the people how long they had been there or anyhting like that.

Re: Adult in Melalucas Sunday April 15 5:45 p.m,

Thanks! My guess is that they are spending the night in the vicinity of the nest. Keep an eye out for the youngster on the remote chance that it did take a long first flight. So far we have not seen any eagles flying towards the area with prey. If this happens it would be a good sign that the eaglet survived after all.