Adult roosting/flying near nest Sept 4 & 5

Adult roosting/flying near nest Sept 4 & 5

Kelly Smith
At least one adult Bald Eagle was hanging around the nest site this weekend.  I spotted it flying along the east edge of "eagle forest" headed toward the south, but it must have circled around, because my husband called from his cell phone a few minutes later to say that there was an adult eagle perched on the dead maleluecas just west of the nest.  This occured on Friday evening, but it was spotted again on Saturday morning.  Given that they have been spotted periodically late in the spring, and now early in the fall, I wonder if they were ever very far away?  Maybe they hang out in the area as the eagles in the keys have been known to do.  Don't you just hate not knowing?

Re: Adult roosting/flying near nest Sept 4 & 5

Trisha
I really think your guess that they stay around is accurate. There have just been so many periodic spottings that it seems likely to be the same eagles seen each time. We never saw any other adults in the nest area from fall to summer during the last nesting cycle. You must have been so excited to see the adult! I just can't wait for the thrill of seeing one again.