April 11, 2011 - Both eaglets on the nest

April 11, 2011 - Both eaglets on the nest

At around 10 AM, Mary Lou and I checked on the welfare of the two Bald Eagle chicks, which are now 3 months old. We found both on the nest. Only the one on the left side was clearly visible, but we saw the other get up and flap a bit before settling down again. One adult was roosting at the very top of an Australian Pine to the east of the nest near the corner of 208th,  about 150 feet back from Pines Boulevard.

This is possibly the older chick (PP7), since it showed conspicuous white markings on its breast, though we really could not make a comparison with its sibling:

This may be the male, as its bill seems a bit narrower and the forehead seems more sloping than that of the female (but it is just an impression):