April 7: All is well at the nest

The oldest eaglet is 9 weeks (63 days) old this weekend. We visited the nest on April 7 and found the older chick quietly sitting high while the smaller one stayed low the entire 3/4 hour as we watched. The male parent (Pride) was roosting next to the nest to the right, and the female (Jewel) was perched on a Melaleuca snagl to the west of the nest. All of the eagles remained in position the entire time.

The older eaglet is looking up at her Dad:

Jewel's feathers are looking a bit soiled and worn. She has had an eventful first two breeding seasons:

Re: April 7: All is well at the nest

Rockitglider
Hello Ken,

They look great, growing fast. Deerfield chicks are doing great too. I posted a report on the Deerfield forum.

Kit