August 1: Two Bald Eagles at sunrise again

August 1: Two Bald Eagles at sunrise again

This morning, storms threatened and despite a shortened walk, I had two Bald Eagles pass over my position in the west Miramar wetlands. The first was at 6:48 AM, one minute after sunrise. I think it was the male (Pride) but it was distant and the light was poor:

The second appeared 11 minutes later, at 6:59 AM. This eagle looked larger and had uniform wing feathering, so it may have been the female, Jewel:

Yesterday morning I specifically watched for the eagles to pass over from a viewing location at the lake, where there is a view of the entire horizon. Sunrise was at 6:46 AM and I stood watch from about 6:35 until 7:05 AM, then continued on my walk but still looked up frequently when not occupied photographing egrets and a Pileated Woodpecker. I did not see any eagles. Going over my records, They were visible on 10 of the past 20 days, 18 of which I visited and submitted eBird Checklist. (Seen on July 10, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 25, and 29 and today, August 1. So the odds recently are about 50-50, although they may well have passed over unnoticed during that time. They always run a southeast course from the Pembroke Pines nest area, which is about 1 1/2 miles northeast of my position.

My eBird checklists may be viewed at THIS LINK