Both eagles at nest 4:00 PM OCT 19 -- check Jewel's eyes

Both eagles at nest 4:00 PM OCT 19 -- check Jewel's eyes

Barry and I dropped by the eagle nest at about 4:00 this afternoon. The new female (Jewel) was on the nest and the male (Pride) was perched just to the right and above her. Her eyes appeared as if they may be red and swollen, possibly due to an injury or infection. This should be watched closely so let's stay informed. Maybe there is nothing wrong at all. In one shot her right eye looks OK.

Re: Both eagles at nest 4:00 PM OCT 19 -- check Jewel's eyes

Lisa G
Hi Ken ,

I wonder if she was resting ? your last picture she seems fine .. If that is Jewel in the nest and Pride to the right . Great Pictures :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Both eagles at nest 4:00 PM OCT 19 -- check Jewel's eyes

Maria Rosa Drake
I hope she is OK and doesn't have anything in her eyes.

Re: Both eagles at nest 4:00 PM OCT 19 -- check Jewel's eyes

Phil Martin contacted me and said he believes it is the male (Pride) and not the female (Jewel) who has the eye problem. He has been watching them more often recently as I have been away. He says that the female still has some brown feathers and also got a good look at the mate roosting just above and is sure that was the female.

I would like to post some more photos to show the head and tail feather patterns to help us to better identify the members of the pair. Of course, try to get photos of their eyes.

Just need to keep some extra eyes on the pair and hope it is not anything serious.

Re: Both eagles at nest 4:00 PM OCT 19 -- check Jewel's eyes

Liza
I have to agree with Phil . Jewel still has brown on her tail . I just blew up one of the photos of the one on the branch and i can see the dark feathers . Pride is the one in the nest , regardless , like you said we still have to keep on eye on them to make sure he's ok . Thanks Ken !
Liza

I just got back , no one at the nest when I got there ,. Al showed up . While we were talking I spotted Pride fly into the nest . He made his appearance for a few min. then took off and flew over to the east/south side then soared very very high up over the nest then finally took off to the East/South end . Photos to come in a few ... Eyes seemed to be fine :)
Liza

Re: Both eagles at nest 4:00 PM OCT 19 -- check Jewel's eyes

Liza
Excuse the poor quality , I didn't have my camera at the time he flew in and I ran to the car to get it with not much time to set up , . the rest are very poor as he was flying extremely high .

Pride , Eyes seem fine
Liza

Re: Both eagles at nest 4:00 PM OCT 19 -- check Jewel's eyes

Liza
Pride, eyes seem to be fine
Liza

Re: Both eagles at nest 4:00 PM OCT 19 -- check Jewel's eyes

Liza
Liza

This is Jewel , as you can see the tips of her tail are dark
Liza

Wonderful observations and photos! We can relax! Thanks so much for the great photos, Liza!!

Re: Both eagles at nest 4:00 PM OCT 19 -- check Jewel's eyes

Liza
You're quite welcome Ken . I was so relieved to see he was doing well . Like I told Al ,. now I have a peace of mind and I can relax :)
Liza