Can I see eagles in ...

Erika
Hello,

We will be visiting Florida in November/December and like to see bald eagles. Where is the place to be to see these beautiful birds?

Greetings,

Erika
The Netherlands.

Re: Can I see eagles in ...

Hi, Erica--

Welkom bij Florida!

The Pembroke Pines nest is visible from the north side of Pines Boulevard and also from the landscaped median, from a point about 100 yards east of the near edge of its intersection with NW 209th Avenue, at the right end of the yellow line that I have drawn on the map below. The line is 100 yards long.

Park entirely off the roadway and look almost directly to the south from about where the red dot is located, or cross the traffic lane and view from the island. Do not view from the south side of the street, as pedestrians are prohibited at present. The trees obstruct the view of the nest from that side anyway. The nest is in a tall Australian Pine just above the tops of the Melaleuca trees.

The adult bird often roost on the top of the trunks of the dead Melaleuca trees to the west of the nest, or in one or two of the taller pines in front of and on either side of the nest, just beyond the electric wires.

Do not park on the south side of Pines Boulevard or in any other restricted area, and always entirely off the roadway. No parking to the north on 208th or 209th Avenue, though there may be room on the shoulder of both 208th and 209th on the south side of the highway only. The Post Office parking lot is one long block (0.25 mile) to the west at NW 210th Avenue , on the north side of Pines Boulevard.

(Note that I have moved your thread to the "CURRENT NESTING SEASON observations Sub-Forum)

Post here if you need further assistance, or contact me via email at  [hidden email]