Catching up....been very busy....3 recent observations

Catching up....been very busy....3 recent observations

Trisha
Jan 6, 2013....10:30-11:30 am    Upon my arrival, one eagle standing on nest rim looking west. I heard calling and that eagle flew to the Maleleucas. Several minutes later the other adult flew into the nest from the south. No feeding observed. When I left one still in the dead trees and the other was laying up high in the nest.  While watching the eagle on the dead tree it seemed to have something stuck in its throat. It kept rubbing its head and beak on its talons and finally did a big barf of stringy looking stuff....pretty gross.  I have images but I will spare you all....lol  (2 other watchers taking pictures)

Jan 9, 2013....10:45-11:15    One adult perched on large limb coming out of west side of the nest.... looking into the nest. It was very windy....hard to see the nest and all the limbs were swaying. Finally it flew to the back rim facing west with its back to me. No sign of other adult or any feeding.  (2 watchers left just as I arrived....had tripods with big lenses)

Jan 11, 2013....noon-12:30 pm   One adult on back rim with back to me. It would occasionally turn around and look in the nest or face other directions, but no feeding or sight, sound of the other adult.  (no other watchers seen)