DEC 14 & 15: Both Pride and Jewel seen incubating on nest.

DEC 14 & 15: Both Pride and Jewel seen incubating on nest.

On December 14, Phil Martin reported that he was at the nest at about 9:30 AM. He found the female (Jewel) in the nest incubating egg(s) and Pride was perched high to the left of the nest. He returned the next morning (DEC 15 and watched from 07:50-8:10. He reported: "An adult was in the nest but I couldn’t see which one as the head was below the nest rim. Probably Pride. I didn’t take any photos."

I then got out a bit later, arriving at about 8:50 AM on DEC 15 and at first the nest looked abandoned. Only after watching for about 15 minutes did I find the male (Pride) sitting deep. The nest rim is very high and he got up briefly to change position, then disappeared again.