DEC 20: Jewel incubating

I watched for about a half hour beginning at 9:00 AM on DEC 20. I wanted to check the condition of the nest as we anticipated a severe wind storm later in the afternoon. (It was not as severe as predicted). The female (Jewel) was deep in the nest. I hoped to possibly see an incubation exchange but the male was never in sight. The center portion of the nest is partially obscured by a draping branch. There is also a bunch of grass which can look like the back of an adult eagle. The left (east) rim of the nest is built up higher than the right.

A bonus was this immature red-shouldered Hawk which perched on the wire in front of the nest:

Re: DEC 20: Jewel incubating

Sally
The bonus was fantastic Ken.  Beautiful shot!

I was fearing the storm might cause some destruction and am thankful it didn't.

Thanks, Sally