DEC 8 -- Pair reported carrying nesting materials this morning

DEC 8 -- Pair reported carrying nesting materials this morning

We stopped by the nest at 9:00 AM and found the male in the nest.

At first he was down deep and then got up and rearranged some sticks.

Started looking towards the SW and looked more active. We thought maybe the female would be approaching but instead he flew off the the WSW.

We went on to bird at Chapel Trail Nature Preserve where we met Smith. He said he arrived at the nest at 8:00 AM and soon thereafter both the pair flew in together. He did not know about the new female and there was quite a bit of smoke from a burn in the Everglades area just west of US-27.

As he watched, the eagles flew out and came back with sticks and also clumps of grass. The latter is interesting because it suggests they are lining the nest. Smith said he will post a more detailed report of his observations.

We returned to the nest at 11:00 with Smith and found the male roosting next to the nest.

Of interest was this Cooper's Hawk that flew by as we watched the nest.

Re: DEC 8 -- Pair reported carrying nesting materials this morning

johnnye
Just read the news on the new eagle. I was there between 2 and 3pm today but no eagles were there.

Re: DEC 8 -- Pair reported carrying nesting materials this morning

Lisa G
Great Pictures Ken .. Loos Like we may have Eggs this Season :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net