Dec. 4

JLD_photography
I saw just 1 Eagle at 7:00 am and fly to the East.

Re: Dec. 4

Lisa G
Thanks for Texting me this morning and Letting me know . Sorry you could not get a picture but Happy to hear you seen on of the Eagle . To early to tell which one it was .. Lets keep looking out for them :) I will post the update on Pride & Joy Facebook ..
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Dec. 4

We came by about 9:00 AM and met Al at the nest. Phil stopped by. He had watched for 3/4 hour from around 7:30. None of us saw any eagles.

I think we are approaching the realization that Joy will not be returning. Pride may already be out scouting for a new mate. The good thing is that if he finds one he is likely to lure her into his territory. I think this patch of woods is about the only suitable place for a few miles around, so maybe they will nest nearby. If she likes this nest she may even move in there. It seems unlikely that a new female would breed this season, but who can predict?

So, there is every reason to keep a close eye on the nest for signs not only of Joy, but maybe a new female eagle.

Re: Dec. 4

Lisa G
I really hate to think anything Happened to Joy  But I am will aware of Eagles losing a mate in the wild it is very common and I have seen it may times . when it does happen the male does not take to long to find him a mate . Pride has been very busy at the nest and that is a Great sign that he is not going to abandon his Territory . No reason for him to leave the is a great Nest that him and Joy built and plenty of Food . I hope he gets a Mate soon if our Dear Joy is truly gone  if she is gone I will miss her very much she was a Great Eagle and a Wonderful Mother. I will be at the Nest on Sunday it's my Birthday and Joy laid her first Egg last year on my Birthday maybe we will get a surprise soon and see 2 Eagles .
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Dec. 4

Desiree
I'm so missing Joy, this is very sad :'(

Re: Dec. 4

Lisa G
I feel the same way Desiree .. I am still holding on to Hope that she is still around . Not giving up yet
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Dec. 4

Kathy
taken nov 7th could there be something wrong with this eagles foot?

sorry for the blurry pic did not have my good camera with me
live your life don't watch it go by . . .

Re: Dec. 4

JLD, in your post your comment about the date of this photo did not come through. Please check the EXIF data to be sure of the date. You said it was on November 7th. This looks like it may be the female eagle. Earlier this year she had a habit of hanging down one foot and it was cause of some concern. I will search my archives to see if I documented it and which leg it was. Usually the foot was closed more like a fist.

The date is important so that we have an accurate timeline of events.

Thanks!

Re: Dec. 4

Female (Joy) January 25, 2014. Here it is her left leg hanging down, while your photo appears to show the right leg. Will look to see if I have more instances in my archives.

Re: Dec. 4

Lisa G
When was this picture taken Kathy ???
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Dec. 4

JLD_photography
Hello Ken this picture I took 10/1/14 8:38 am