December 17: Three sightings SE of nest

We got out on the West Miramar wetlands just before sunrise. At 7:15 AM an adult Bald Eagle flew almost directly overhead, in SE course from the nest area to the large lake in Sunset Lakes. I forgot to take off the lens cap and by the time I was able to snap a photo it was already heading away from me.

At 8:45 AM as I was checking the heron rookery near the corner of Pembroke Road and SW 196th Avenue another eagle appeared in the distance to the west, over the Harbour Lakes wetland preserve, quite far away, but heading NW towards the nest.

Then, at 9:00 as I was on my way home another adult flew quite nearby to the NW, following nearly the same track as the first one, in the opposite direction. I must assume that the first and final sightings were of the same bird.