Eagle Dec. 9, 2013 08:00

Al Griffin
The female was low in the nest with the top of her head visible. At 08:30 she stood on the rim and she  assumed a new position. As I took my leave ,at 09:00  ,she was low in the nest. A short Eagle story, my wife and I were  in the Keys for the weekend.  On our return north we saw a Eagle on the side of the road  [ US 1 ] north of Key Largo.

Re: Eagle Dec. 9, 2013 08:00

MyEagle13
thank you for share your story al, when you say on the side of the road you mean on a tree or dead on the side of the road?
Myeagle13

Re: Eagle Dec. 9, 2013 08:00

We arrived just before 10:00 AM this morning and as Al noted, the (presumed, though the bird's forehead is quite low in this view, suggesting it could be the male) female was deep into the nest, sometimes not visible at all. We watched for only about 15 minutes and she never changed position except to sometimes look up so that her eyes or part of her beak was visible. Clearly, Incubation has commenced, with the first egg most likely deposited on Saturday DEC 7 and expected hatch date of JAN 12 2014. Her mate was not in sight.

Re: Eagle Dec. 9, 2013 08:00

Al Griffin
The Eagle standing on the side of the road.