Eagle Observation! (Student of Ms.Kelly Smith)

Eagle Observation! (Student of Ms.Kelly Smith)

Rebecca Rivera (Student)
On 12/16/10 between 12:30pm and 1:00pm I observed the eagle's nest while the eggs were incubating! The female eagle was resting on the nest and then she stood up and called the male eagle. Next, she left the nest and the male eagle took her place in sitting on the nest. The weather was partly cloudy and balmy. It was really interesting to see the eagles in their natural habitat!

                                                                                                             -Rebecca

Re: Eagle Observation! (Student of Ms.Kelly Smith)

You were lucky, Rebecca, to see the pair exchange incubation duties. It only happens every few hours, and at various times of day. Your description of their behavior and vocalization was concise and most interesting!

The first egg should be hatching on or about this coming Friday, January 22, approximately 35 days after it was laid on December 18th.

Thanks!

Re: Eagle Observation! (Student of Ms.Kelly Smith)

Jill W
Thank you for your report, Rebecca!  Very interesting.
Sorry, I didn't comment until today.  I just now saw it.
Jill

Re: Eagle Observation! (Student of Ms.Kelly Smith)

Trisha
Excellent report Rebecca!